2.07.2014

High five for Friday!

Well, it's Friday again, and I'm pumped for that. 
Don't have a lot planned for this weekend, and my husband and I are excited for that.
I've mentioned before, but he works about 65 hours a week so when he gets home he's super tired.
This week, three of the five days he had something to go to after work as well.
Meaning he didn't get home until close to 10pm those nights, so he didn't have any free time to just hang out.
He's tired, and a tad grumpy.

On top of all of this, it's effing cold. 
Now I know I live in Nebraska, so cold weather comes with the territory.  I'm used to it by now.
But it snowed about 8 inches this week, and since then we've had seriously cold temperatures all week.
Yesterday got up to all of 9 degrees, and today is a high of 12.  Add windchill to that and it felt like it was
-30 the other day.  Literally, the "feels like" temp was -30.
I'm over the cold weather, I'm over my car being freezing for the first 10 minutes in it, even though I remote start it ahead of time.  I'm tired of worrying if my stupid neighbors will take their dog in at night.  I'm tired of having to make sure I always have my gloves on me or my fingers will freeze off.
I'm just tired of winter and it's only February.  I can handle 20s and 30s, but single digits with wind chills below zero gets a little much after awhile.
Spring time, please hurry!

Ok, enough of that rant.

I'm Linking up with Lauren for this week's High Five For Friday post!

1. Rylee spent the night last weekend and we had so much fun.  I took her swimming Saturday during the day with my Dad, and then Ryan and I took her bowling that night.  I try to have Rylee at least once a month spend the night so I get to really spend time with her.  I love that kid more than anyone on this planet (sorry Ryan..) so I really try to make an effort and be very involved!  They just moved about 30 minutes away from us (as opposed to living a house away from my parents) so it's been different not being able to see her exactly when I want.  This is why I schedule time, so we don't let life get in the way.

On Sunday when she woke up, I put in Hotel Transylvania, one of her favorites, and we watched it while eating breakfast. 
I looked over at her and Ryan and they had some serious zoned out faces going on at the TV.  It was cute so I snapped this picture. 


2. Superbowl Sunday!
...was a dud.  At least the game anyway!
I was soo rooting for the Broncos because I love me some Eric Decker.  And I am from Omaha...and Peyton loves his Omaha!
I was really disappointed they didn't perform better.
Can't win them all though, right?

I did, however, get some quality time with my favorite little 7 month old :)


3. When I came out of the bathroom after taking a shower the other night I came out to the living room to see my husband and his buddy cuddling.  It was so sweet.  Hudson is the absolute sweetest when it comes to cuddling, he's always on your lap and wants to be as close to you as possible.
Needless to say, my heart melted when I saw they were sleeping together.

Don't mind his devilish eyes; I have to keep the flash on when I take pictures of him because he literally blends in if I don't, so his eyes look creepy!


4. Speaking of Hudson...now a picture of him and I sleeping together!
I swear I love all my dogs the same, but Hudson is just the most cuddly so I have a lot of pictures with him.
Isn't he just the sweetest? 


5. I subbed on Thursday, so this means I come home with a mountain of artwork from students. 
They are so sweet, they get so excited to make things for me.
Makes me love teaching even more, and really makes me long for my own classroom!
Fingers crossed...


Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments

Post a Comment

View from the Cornfields ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger