1.27.2014

Motivational Monday


Couldn't have said it better myself. 

This is something I admit I need to work much harder at: not worrying so much.  I'm naturally a worrier, but not as bad as my husband.  Sometimes my husband has a tendency to see the worst in a situation, and I'm constantly trying to have him look at the glass half full instead of half empty. 

This is all great, we balance each other out I feel, until I start to worry and stress too.  Sometimes I feel that because I have to be the rock or the one who stays positive about everything, that I don't get the privilege (if you can call it that) of letting my guard down. 

2013 was a rough year for Ryan and I, financially.  I student taught from January until May (meaning I had zero income coming in), and we got married in June.  Because of this, I didn't start working full time again until July, after we got back from our honeymoon.  Ryan was working at an auto dealership making very little income (thank you car business).  He also had a part time job at the airport working for an airline, which also brought in very little income.

We made it through fine; I feel it brought us together and made us stronger because of how little we were surviving on, but as I look back now on that year, It's absolutely crazy to know what we did survive on. 

Since Ryan got a new job in November of last year, we're in a much better place...but I still worry.

I'm constantly trying to chill out and realize that our life isn't the same as it was last year, but my whole life my family lived paycheck to paycheck so why wouldn't we be any different?  I think I've spent so much time crunching numbers and making sure each bill gets paid, that I'm just used to feeling like we're always drowning, even though we're really not anymore.  Thank you, Jesus.

I'm so thankful for the company Ryan works for now, and that a job change happened when it did; who knows where we would be today living like we were.  Miracles happen everyday, when you don't realize you need a miracle, but I'm so glad God was watching over us and put an opportunity in our life when he knew we needed it. 

I'll be forever grateful.

Happy Monday, and I hope your week runs smoothly!

No comments

Post a Comment

View from the Cornfields ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger